Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baseball and Snakes!

This week we went to the baseball game on Tuesday versus the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. We just decided that afternoon to go and walked to the stadium after work. We got some pretty good seats and enjoyed a great game. The O's actually won this one. That made the game more fun to watch. The picture to the left is old Kevin Millar up to bat. He is the first baseman and the announcers of the games always say he has "low foot speed" - John and I always kid that means he's a little fat.





On Saturday we went for a seven mile hike at Liberty Reservoir. When we left the house the weather was overcast and a little chilly. John wore long pants and his spring jacket. I luckily had worn my convertable pants and a flannel. By the time we got to the reservoir it was sunny and warm. The jackets came off and I converted my pants into shorts! This was the first hike this season where we got a little overheated, its just going to get worse as the summer comes, so I supposed we'd better get used to it.




As we were walking along the path, John made a little yelp and I looked over and this snake was just hanging out in the sun. It was about 2 feet long, I tried to look up on the internet about what kind of a snake it was and I couldn't figure it out. If anyone knows, please leave a comment. For all the hiking we have done this is the first snake we have come across. I think its pretty cool.






Chopper did a very good job of hiking the whole seven miles with us. He kept up like a trooper to the very end. After the hike, though he was out like a light. As you can see, the cat was having sympathy exhaustion for us. Its very rare that Chopper is tired enough to leave the cat alone and lay so close together. :)

Chopper has already fully recovered and is as energetic as ever...I think he bounced back faster than John and I.

No comments: